About online check-in
Online Check -In allows you to check in online for your flights on Cathay Pacific , Cathay Dragon and any eligible onward flight connection. You can:
- Select your flights
- Select your seat
- Print out your Check-In Confirmation page with the boarding pass image
All passengers holding e-Tickets. Exceptions are:
- Passengers requiring Medical Assistance
- Passengers requiring Stretcher
- Passengers with "Cabin Baggage Occupying Seat" request
- Passengers with "Extra Seat" request
- Passengers travelling in a group and are registered as a group in the booking
To check in online, passengers’ valid travel documents must be at least valid for 6 months from the date of return.
For details on passport validity requirements for travel to your destinations, please visit IATA Travel Centre.
*It is the passengers’ responsibility to ensure the validity of their Entry Visa or Transit Visa before entering or leaving a country as destination or stopover.
Online Check-In is available for
- All Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon flights, including codeshare flights operated by Cathay Pacific / Cathay Dragon
- Exceptions are chartered flights, trains and codeshare flights operated by our partner carriers.
Yes, where possible, you can check in for connecting flights with other airlines as long as the first sector is Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon. Please note these check-ins are subject to other airline policies and restrictions
Yes, you can check in your travelling companions if you make your bookings together, provided they share the same booking reference as yours in our record.
There are several possible reasons why you may not be able to check in online.
- You are not holding e-Ticket.
- It is possible that you are checking in for your flight out of the normal sequence of your itinerary. You must check in for flights in the same sequence of your itinerary for e.g., if your flight itinerary is as follows:
Hong Kong - Vancouver - New York
You must check in for Hong Kong - Vancouver prior to checking in for Vancouver - New York.
This also applies for tickets issued on partner carriers where the partner carrier flight is the first sector for e.g.,
American Airlines: Dallas - New York
Cathay Pacific: New York - Hong Kong
In this case, you must check in on the partner carrier American Airlines flight first to be able to check in for the subsequent Cathay Pacific flight.
- The following types of passengers are not allowed to check in online and must proceed to the airport for check-in:
* Passengers requiring Medical Assistance
* Unaccompanied Minors
* Passengers travelling in a group and are registered as a group in the booking
* Passengers whose ticket requires some additional payment
- If you have an advance seat reservation, your requested seat will be automatically assigned during check in. Should you wish to change your seat, you can select the change seat option on the confirmation page or contact our Airport Services Staff at your departure airport.
Yes, simply check in your baggage when collecting your boarding pass at the Self Check-In Bag Drop Counters at the departure airport.
For the Club / Asia Miles members and registered users of cathaypacific.com and e-ticket holders, Online Check-In is available beginning 48 hours up to 90 minutes before the flight departure time.
The following are some likely reasons:
- You are not holding e-Ticket.
- You might have forgotten to provide, or your travel agent has not entered, your Marco Polo Club / Asia Miles membership number at the time of reservation. Please call our Global Contact Centres Centre or proceed directly to the airport to complete your check-in procedures.
- If you have just purchased a ticket online at cathaypacific.com, you need to wait for approximately 30 minutes before your latest booking is activated within our Online Check-In system. Please try again later.
- You have no flights departing within 48 hours.