General Terms and conditions
When can you enjoy the offer
1. The promotional period for the offer is from 1 January 2020 (00:01) to 31 December 2020 (23:59), based on Hong Kong time. The travel period for the offer is from 1 January 2020 to 25 December 2021.
What is the offer
2. During the promotional period, use your Eligible Credit Card to book flight ticket(s) with single Net Spending Amount of HK$8,000 or above at the Designated Website (www.cathaypacific.com/HSBC) of the Participating Merchant to receive HK$800 spending rebate and an extra 800 Asia Miles upon completion of your travel. The offer is limited to 1,600 eligible bookings per month, you should check if the monthly quota has been used up at the Designated Website before any bookings.
How can you enjoy the offer
3. You can enjoy the offer if you:
a. are one of the travellers and the name used to book the flight ticket(s) is the same as shown on your Eligible Credit Card;
b. book the flight ticket(s) and provide your own valid Asia Miles membership number upon booking at the Designated Website;
c. have your flight ticket(s) originate and issued in Hong Kong;
d. hold an Eligible Credit Card and your credit card account is valid and in good standing during the promotional period and the offer fulfilment period; and
e. pay with an Eligible Credit Card for any eligible transactions in Hong Kong dollars during the promotional period.
4. You cannot :
a. enjoy the offer on package and flight tickets purchased from the Participating Merchant mobile app and other channels.
b. enjoy the offer if you have purchased flight tickets before the promotional period and pay for ticket reissuance during the promotional period with an Eligible Credit Card;
c. receive the extra 800 Asia Miles if the Asia Miles membership number provided is not yours;
d. enjoy the offer on flight ticket redemption by miles with the relevant taxes / charges / fees paid by an Eligible Credit Card;
e. enjoy the offer if you request for a refund or partial refund;
f. exchange the offer for cash, other products, services or discounts or transfer the offer; and
g. use the offer in conjunction with any other coupons, discounts, promotional offers, staff discount and membership offer.
Read before you enjoy the offer
5. You can only enjoy the offer once per calendar month during the promotional period.
6. Quota applies to the offer on a monthly basis and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Please check with the respective Participating Merchant for details.
7. Upon verification and confirmation that you are entitled for the HK$800 spending rebate, the Participating Merchant will credit the corresponding spending rebate to the your Eligible Credit Card account that was used to perform the relevant transaction(s) within 60 working days from the transaction date.
8. Upon verification and confirmation by the Participating Merchant and Asia Miles Limited that you are entitled for the extra 800 Asia Miles, Asia Miles Limited will credit the corresponding Asia Miles to your eligible Asia Miles account within 90 working days from the transaction date of the flight ticket(s).
9. You and your additional card cardholder(s) under the same Eligible Credit Card account shall for all purposes of this promotion be treated as separate cardholders and are each eligible to enjoy the spending rebate using the Eligible Credit Cards under your respective names. If you are a combined additional card cardholder, both you and your primary card cardholder will be able to use the spending rebate credited to the combined additional card account.
10. The spending rebate cannot be converted to cash, other products, promotional offers, discounts or be withdrawn as a cash advance and is not transferable. It can be used for subsequent credit card purchases only and cannot be used to settle any previous outstanding balance.
11. Where the spending rebate under this promotion has been credited to a credit card account and there is a subsequent reversal of any transaction(s) in respect of which the spending rebate was awarded, you are liable for the whole amount of the relevant spending rebate and we will deduct such amount of spending rebate directly from the credit card account without prior notice.
12. You have to keep all official payment records and/or such further documents of the related transactions. In case of any dispute, we reserve the right at any time during or after this promotion to request you to submit the relevant official payment records and/or such further documents or evidence as may be required for inspection. All related documents submitted to us will be retained by us and will not be returned to you.
13. We accept no liability in respect of the quality of the goods and services provided by the Participating Merchant. You are advised to check the details and related terms and conditions with the Participating Merchant.
14. The offer under this promotion is subject to these terms and conditions and other terms and conditions stipulated by the Participating Merchant. We and the Participating Merchant can change or cancel the offer or amend the terms and conditions. Please check the relevant website for the latest details, availability and terms and conditions of the offer.
15. The terms and conditions of the Eligible Credit Card will apply.
16. If we believe that you have acted in a fraudulent or abusive way, you will not be able to enjoy the offer.
17. In case of disputes arising out of this promotion, our decision shall be final and conclusive.
18. We write the terms and conditions of the offer under Hong Kong laws. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of the promotional materials and these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
What these terms mean
19. “Eligible Credit Card” means HSBC Premier Mastercard® Credit Card issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited in Hong Kong (and its successors and assigns).
20. “Participating Merchant” means Cathay Pacific Airways Limited in Hong Kong.
21. “Designated Website” refers to www.cathaypacific.com/HSBC.
22. "Net Spending Amount" means the final transaction amount (including taxes and fees) charged to an Eligible Credit Card after all applicable discounts, reductions and use of coupons.