Our home in Hong Kong
Departure from Hong Kong
We recommend arriving at the airport two hours in advance of your flight to give you sufficient time to check in, go through security, and get to your gate. We offer a few convenient ways for you to check in.
Hong Kong MTR
Harbour View Street
Central, Hong Kong
Nga Cheung Road
- To check in for codeshare flights at In-Town Check-In, passengers should proceed to the operating carrier’s counters for assistance.
- To comply with the requirements from the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA), we cannot issue a boarding pass to a passenger departing for US destination more than 24 hours prior to scheduled flight departure time.
Hong Kong Boundary Crossing Facilities
Two check-in counters are available for Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon flights. You can check-in from one day in advance of their flight, with the exception of flights to US destinations where boarding passes cannot be issued more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
7.00 a.m. to 22.30 p.m.
Minimum connection time:
- Check-in (without checked baggage): 90 minutes prior to flight departure
- Check-in (with checked baggage): 150 minutes prior to flight departure
- Customers are recommended to be at the airport at least 45 minutes prior to their scheduled time of departure to clear Immigration and Security formalities.
Checked baggage restrictions:
The maximum checked baggage size that can be accepted is 175 x 80 x 155 cm
If you’re taking the Airport Express (AEL) to Hong Kong International Airport, you can take advantage of our in-town check-in facilities at either Hong Kong or Kowloon Airport Express/MTR stations.
Check in and collect your boarding pass as early as one day in advance (any time the counter is open on the day previous to your flight) and up to 90 minutes before your scheduled flight departure time.
Counter service hours:
Daily, from 5.30 a.m. to 00.30 a.m.
The maximum size of a check-in bag that can be accepted at Hong Kong or Kowloon MTR stations is 145 x 100 x 85 cm.
Also note, the following services are available at in-town check-in stations:
- Wheelchair service
- Registration/check-in for unaccompanied minors (UM). Note: escorts for unaccompanied minors are only available at the airport.
At the airport
Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon check-in counters are located on Level 7 at Terminal 1, which is easily accessible for those arriving at the airport by train or taxi. We offer several self-check-in kiosks, as well.
Cathay Pacific check-in counters are located in areas B and C of the check-in hall.
Cathay Dragon check-in counters are located in area H of the check-in hall.
(Passengers are advised to arrive at check-in counters at least 50 minutes before scheduled departure time)
Our First Class passengers can experience Cathay Pacific’s award-winning First Class services at the Hong Kong International Airport, where a total of ten dedicated check-in podiums can be accessed.
Each podium is serviced, and provides you with a personal check-in screen that displays your estimated departure and arrival times; boarding gate information; the weather at your next destination; and other important flight details, including your Marco Polo Club points and Asia Miles balance.
First Class: Aisle B
Cathay Pacific's Business Class passengers now have their own special check-in area which can be found on Aisle B.
Premium Economy Class: Aisle C
We've introduced the single queue concept so that you can enjoy quicker, hassle-free check-in service.
Economy Class: Aisle C
In compliance with the requirements from Hong Kong Civil Aviation, Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon will implement a full reconciliation of passenger travel document check at the boarding gate of Hong Kong International Airport, by comparing the name on the passenger's boarding pass with the name in the travel document, and by comparing the photograph in the document with the passenger.